Mika Buell's Reviews > The Pathos of Rowan Jun

The Pathos of Rowan Jun by Tamara Henson

Read 2 times. Last read April 1, 2012 to April 16, 2012.

The blurb for The Pathos of Rowan Jun sums up the story and yet intrigues you even more. "Bury your human soul in the heart of a warrior" As an avid reader over many genres (Fantasy, Historical Fiction, and Non Fiction) I was excited to dive in, curious of the world Tamara Henson created of Unata and this so-called warrior Rowan Jun.

With no warning I found myself smack dab in the middle of action from the start. Some enjoy this type of beginning; others prefer an intro or prologue. But considering the author explains previous events in full detail all while keeping the action packed story moving swiftly along – a prologue would be of no use here. Written in third person I felt I was walking along side Rowan Jun cheering him on every step of the way. I felt his pain, his sorrow and his joy. I became the warrior myself.

With 12 original illustrations shuffled in the 234 pages it made character connection all the more realistic. As with many Fantasy/Epic novels the writing style is informal. I think this was done intentionally. Dialogue between characters is clear and at times humorous – such as real life. My favorite excerpt, “Darkness hides in us all, Rowan Jun. But so does greatness!”

From the opening sentence to the very last period; this story not only held my attention, but threw me head first in a very strange world. Even if you are not a fan of Fantasy writing I suggest you give The Pathos of Rowan Jun an honest chance. You won’t be disappointed.

Now the countdown is on to the next volume in the series!
The Pathos of Rowan Jun (Pathos #1) by Tamara Henson

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pathos of Rowan Jun.

Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
March 31, 2012 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
April 1, 2012 – Started Reading