D.K. Hundt's Reviews > The Girl Who Cheated Death

The Girl Who Cheated Death by Alan          Baker

bookshelves: netgalley

‘She cheated death once. To bring her family back to life, she'll have to do it again.’

THE GIRL WHO CHEATED DEATH, the first book that I have read by Alan Baker, is a Supernatural Thriller wherein eighteen-year-old Alexandria Drummond's life is changed forever after a horrific car accident […]Alex watches as the Angel of Death, Azrael, takes the souls of her family and now it's haunting her.

This book thoroughly creeped me out, broke my heart, and brought me to tears more than once.

Admittedly, in the beginning, to me, Alex isn't a very likable character, but as the story progresses, you start to empathize with what she's going through.

The first half of the novel keeps you guessing, constantly wondering what's going to happen next. Unfortunately, the second half doesn't feel amped up anymore and slows down the pacing a bit, but that didn't prevent me from eagerly wanting to know how the novel ends – My Heart!

Thank you, NetGalley and Baker Venture Group Publishing, LLC, for loaning me an eBook of THE GIRL WHO CHEATED DEATH in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Cheated Death.

November 13, 2019 – Shelved