Pamela's Reviews > Some Like it Plaid

Some Like it Plaid by Angela Quarles

Ashley Miller is tired of dodging people her ex-husband owes money to. She would love to just get away from it all. When she finds an ad on Craigslist for a job in Scotland, she jumps at the opportunity. Ashley has no idea what to expect when she shows up for the interview, but the sexy Highlander doing the hiring is an added bonus. Apparently, she makes a good impression, because next thing she knows she's packing for Scotland. Imagine her shock, when Ashley discovers she's traveled back in time to a much more primitive Scotland, oh, and the job she was applying for was the position of said sexy Highlander's wife.

Connall's people, mostly women and children, were recently taken in a raid. Women are scarce, and he's in need of a bride. His Druid priest convinces him to travel into the future to select a potential candidate. Connall immediately knows Ashley's the one. He brings her home, knowing that he maybe didn't explain things the best, but with hopes she'll warm to him and his people. It'll all work out for the best, right?

Author Angela Quarles is newer-to-me, but I have to admit I am very much enjoying her writing style. Her characters are quirky and fun. It's so nice to have humor mixed in with all the seriousness. I loved the concept of the story, SOME LIKE IT PLAID,... traveling through time for a bride. Ashley and Connall are in for some pretty big surprises, both in her time and going back to his. I just could not put this book down.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Like it Plaid.

November 11, 2019 – Started Reading