D.K. Hundt's Reviews > Dreams of Fire

Dreams of Fire by Christian Cura

DREAMS OF FIRE
DREAMS OF FIRE is the first book that I have read by Christian Cura, and I had a blast reading it. If you enjoy delving into a world of fantasy filled with mystics, the non-magical, demon hunters, evil hounds, and a bit of romance (Yes, please!), then this book is for you.

The ending screams sequel, and I, for one, can’t wait to read more!

Thank you to Christian Cura for providing me with an eBook of DREAMS OF FIRE in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreams of Fire.

November 12, 2019 – Shelved
November 12, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
February 18, 2020 –
February 20, 2020 –
February 22, 2020 – Started Reading
February 24, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Damn, it sounded good until you hit on romance! Gag, hurk and gag!
If Jay Kristoff had advertised his Nevernight Chronicles with romance, I'd have missed out on one of the best series of my life! I guess I'll keep this on my radar! Seriously though, is it more fantasy and less romance? Hurk, gag!

D.K. Hundt Soooo, you don’t like romance, I couldn’t tell. ;)
No, the relationship between Kara and Selene grows throughout, but it’s not what the book is centered around. I have never read Jay Kristoff’s NEVERNIGHT CHRONICLES, so I don’t have a comparison, but now I want to read this series – Thaaaannnkks Liiiissaaa!! ;)

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa I tried to find this on my Kindle. I guess it's not out yet? It sounds good. I don't like the modern twist, but it sounds like it moves in from there! I do absolutely adore fantasy and magics! I think I'm trending that way in my older years.
Also, in all my years, all I can say is that the Nevernight trilogy is something to be read! Besides some Stephen King, and Robert Jordan books, this should not be missed! It actually hurt my heart to say goodbye. I'm also putting this on my 2021 list.
That's also the year that I drop everything, and re-read my best of. I may not die until 2050, or more. But, I have so many favorites that I need to read again!
If you like a strong female character, and grimdark fantasy, then you should read this! Honestly, the one thing the torques my shorts about e-books is the fact that you can't pass a good book to a friend. If I could, I would pass this first book into you!

D.K. Hundt DREAMS OF FIRE is available now, you should be able to find it on the Amazon site. I hear you, there are a lot of books I want to reread, but the one’s I haven’t read yet keep calling to me and I can’t resist! Lol, I am bound and determined to read the entire Stephen King Dark Tower series this year, plus THE OUTSIDER, plus...plus... Yep, my love of books will never end. I’m definitely going to read the NEVERNIGHT trilogy, you have me intrigued. :)

I’m honestly not sure if we can share books with one another from our Kindles or not, I have so many purchased e-books on there I would love to share those with you.