Cheri's Reviews > Front Page Fatality

Front Page Fatality by LynDee Walker

1994963

bookshelves: audio, 2019-reads, crime, mystery-thriller

When I first opened up the book, I didn't think I'd make it very far. The first person POV and my initial impressions of the protagonist and her voice were off putting but the more I listened - I checked out the Kindle Unlimited ebook and then decided to add the audio for $1.99 - the more I liked Nichelle and the story.

The narrator did a good job but sometimes I found her a bit over the top and I enjoyed reading with my eyes a bit more. Unfortunately, I don't have much eyeball reading time so the majority was consumed with headphones.

Usually the thriller/mystery books I read are from the point of view of cops or lawyers so getting the story from an investigative journalist was different and enjoyable. Especially since the author has plenty of real-life experience in the field. I hardly ever wanted to shake Clarke or yell at her. I liked her and some of the secondary characters and have already checked out the sequel.

If you're a fan of the genre, I think this one is worth a gander. Especially if you have KU.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Front Page Fatality.

November 12, 2019 – Started Reading