Michelle 's Reviews > Until Next Time

Until Next Time by Amy  Lignor

Apr 01, 2012

bookshelves: blog-tour, kindle, review-on-blog
Read on April 01, 2012

I initially chose to read this book based on the cover. It just pulled me in. I love the gothic feel of it. Plus, I have been on quite the angel kick recently. And actually, this book was a completely fresh take on the concept of Angels. While I do love the tradition angel books lately, my favorite part of the story was how unique it was.

The character's in this book are all great, but it was the writing and the storyline that really sold me. So rather than talking about each of the characters like I normally do, I'm going to focus more on the plot and writing.

This book does have a love triangle, and you know I like a GOOD love triangle. This was a good one. Both of the guys complemented Emily. The idea that they threw a soul mate into the mix, and then take away their memories for an extra measure. That was really interesting.

I loved that emily and Matt took over their "assignment's" body right after they died. They did this in order to complete whatever it was that person was supposed to accomplish in life. This is such an awesome idea, but I wasn't completely on board with the total loss of their memories. They trained their whole lives to be able to do these "jobs" and then they wipe away all memories of their training. Plus is leaves them very isolated and alone. Now, I do understand why they temporarily lose their memories, I just know that if it were me I would hate that.

Overall, this is such a unique story. There were a few slow moments that lost my attention, but I would always become re-engaged within a few pages. I really enjoyed reading it. I can't wait to see what Amy has in store for us next!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Until Next Time.

04/01/2012