Angela's Reviews > Havoc at Prescott High

Havoc at Prescott High by C.M. Stunich

bookshelves: kindle-unlimited, reverse-harem

I feel like all I do is read first instalments of books by CM Stunich and then wait, not so patiently for the next instalment following the inevitable cliff-hanger. My enjoyment of this story may have been affected by this as sequels either come fast and furious or seemingly not at all. Because of this, I felt that I was holding back from becoming too invested in the story and the characters.

There are a number of triggers for those sensitive to abuse, violence, drugs and extreme bullying tactics. Despite my misgivings, I couldn't put the book down. I can understand Bernadette's addiction to Vic, toxic as their relationship was because I was the same with this story, I too had become addicted to something that left me questioning my pleasure of something so altogether disturbing.

Sadly, before I knew it, the dreaded cliff-hanger was sitting right in front of my eyes, and I was cut off from my fix, quite literally. I knew the cliff-hanger was coming but they still get me every time. So, despite finishing the story, I am left gathering my thoughts and recovering my senses, and my sensibilities. Yes, I will read on because duh, that cliff-hanger and I need to see what happened following the party in the cold light of day plus, I need to see if Vic will ever share Bernadette or will his obsession with her become too consuming.

H.A.V.O.C. is right, this story ends with C.H.A.O.S. I just hope we don't have to wait too long to find out what game The Thing is playing now.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Havoc at Prescott High.

November 12, 2019 – Started Reading