Abby Rosmarin's Reviews > Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells

Apr 01, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: summer-reads

I have to admit -- at first, I avoided this book. The premise of this New York big-time director who decides she doesn't know how to love and postpones her wedding? Sounds like a crap chick-lit. I'm glad I persevered. The story of the Ya-Yas is every bit intriguing as it is funny. The insights at times are incredible and there were some chapters that I just could not put the book down until I finished it.

The only reason I'm giving it 3 stars instead of 4 or 5 is that I just did not care for Sidda and her relationship with Connor. Connor was too perfect, too obliging (no man I know would respond to his fiance postponing their wedding three months before it's to happen with, "Oh, okay -- but don't make me wait too long. Let's have sex and orgasm together.") And that's another thing that always irked me -- did we really need to read about all these simultaneous orgasms? One time, sure, I'll take it. But three or four times? Essentially every time they do it? Oi.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood.