Ashley Houser's Reviews > Thirteen

Thirteen by Steve Cavanagh

When I requested this book from the publisher, I had no idea that it was the 4th book in a series. But it honestly didn't matter. While there were some minor references to earlier books in the series, it could have served as a stand alone.

I found the concept of a serial killer sitting on the jury of a murder trial unique and interesting. It reminded me of a mixture of John Grisham's Runaway Jury and an episode of Criminal Minds.

I thought the way the story progressed was perfection, with lots of build up. I will say that I wasn't entirely shocked by any of the "surprises" along the way, but the story came together in a way that made sense while addressing all the loose ends.

Overall, this was a strong mystery/thriller and I enjoyed my first read from Steve Cavanagh. I would highly recommend.

-I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to NetGalley, Steve Cavanagh, and Flatiron Books for the opportunity to review.-

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thirteen.

November 11, 2019 – Started Reading
November 11, 2019 – Shelved
November 18, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Kim (new) - added it

Kim Majewski I just picked this up at the library. It doesn't say it's part of a series anywhere on the book! I'm going to read it as a standalone 🤷