Tari's Reviews > An Ale of Two Cities

An Ale of Two Cities by Sarah    Fox

bookshelves: netgalley

I had really been looking forward to this second book and I was definitely not disappointed! The mystery of the murder was a good one, and I was totally surprised by the killer reveal which was pretty exciting. Thinking about Christmas and wintertime in Vermont was so cool. I'm not a fan of being out in the cold, but looking out at the scenery would be awesome. The town of Shady Creek sounds like an adorable little Hallmark town, especially during Winter Carnival that had an ice sculpture contest.

I just love Aunt Gilda! She's just what Sadie needed--and who wouldn't love an aunt like her. Shontelle was the kind of bestie any girl would be glad to have, and the various employees at Inkwell were all good people. The trivia night that Sadie had was fun, and I even caught some cozy mystery name dropping which is always super fun to read about. Hopefully Sadie will eventually think of Grayson as more sweet than annoying, but I think she got a good start in this book by talking about spending Christmas with him. I definitely can't wait for the next book!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley, and my opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Ale of Two Cities.

November 11, 2019 – Shelved