Kristi's Reviews > The Only Good Indians

The Only Good Indians by Stephen Graham Jones

bookshelves: 2020release, arc, horror, netgalley

The Only Good Indians by Stephen Graham Jones is a wickedly well written horror story that went far above my expectations! It is an eerily creepy tale about a supernatural force of nature seeking revenge; honestly, this is not what I was expecting and I mean this in the most awesome way possible!

Mr. Jones wrote the characters so deeply fleshed which made for a really affecting reading experience; Fear, guilt, sadness, compassion, pity, anxiety, heart-break … There were a few times that I needed to break away to digest what I was reading and then I was right back in to the story, it’s that compelling. Along with the intensely written characters is Mr. Jones ability to draw the reader in slowly with vibrant descriptive narration and haunting prose that just drew me in deeper to the story. The Only Good Indian explores the culture of the Blackfeet Nation and I was fascinated with this story that is deeply rooted in Native American culture. This is one of the best horror stories that I’ve ever read!

A big thank you to NetGalley, Gallery/Saga Press, and Mr. Stephen Graham Jones for providing me with this book to read and review! It was a true pleasure!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Only Good Indians.

November 11, 2019 – Started Reading
November 11, 2019 – Shelved
November 12, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Luvtoread (new) - added it