J.C. Seal's Reviews > Evil Angela: Assassin without Leave

Evil Angela by J.A. Stone

Blood splotches on the cover, a character named Evil Angela, a blurb introducing the character as psychopath?

I had this book sitting on my virtual bookshelf for a while, unsure if I should really pick it up and read it, out of fear it would compromise my friendship with the author. Yes, we both wrote a chapter in the same book collaboration, 31 Overlook Hotel and we had a few nice chats. We got along well, so, would I be willing to put a budding friendship on the line by reading his book, possibly giving it a bad review because I didn't like it?

I finally picked it up as my Christmas read, and was rewarded with not just one book, but it rather felt like three books in one, and I loved them all.

Expecting a cold-blooded, psychopathic killer, Dr. Evangelina Smith turned out to be all that and so much more. I fell in love with the girl, slipping into the story and her skin as easy as if I had written it myself. I felt the agony, the resulting numbness, the stoic determination that followed, the need to hold onto a new purpose, slowly getting back to life, learning to love again, until it all got shattered once more by betrayal. And that part is just the beginning!

An absolutely satisfying read that will keep you hooked until you turned the last page, craving for more.

So, if you are willing to overlook the not so perfect e-book formatting, and a few minor typos I couldn't keep from noticing, the astounding storyline has earned five Stars for sure!

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evil Angela.

November 11, 2019 – Shelved
November 11, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
December 17, 2019 – Started Reading
January 6, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

J.A. Stone Thank you so much!