Jenny's Reviews > Incarnate

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

Mar 31, 2012

bookshelves: favorites
Read from April 13 to 14, 2012

WOW! This book was absolutely amazing! I devoured every page, and was so sad when it was over! This author has created an original piece of art in this book!

I loved everything about it. The whole premise was very interesting--a million souls exist in Range, and they are always reincarnated. All souls remember every life, so they are in essence thousands of years old. No one knows exactly how they were created, or how reincarnation is even possible. All they know is there is a white temple in the middle of a city the was built for them with white walls that have a heartbeat, and that supposedly a god named Janan is the creator of it all. Not all souls believe that, though.

Ana has lived a cruel life up until the age of 18, never having any human contact but her mother, who tortures her as much as possible. When she finally leaves for the city to find answers, she ends up in danger and is rescued by Sam. Sam takes care of her while she is healing, and when they finally get to the city, he becomes her "Guardian" by the council, who vote to allow Ana in Heart as long as Sam is responsible for her.

I completely fell in love with Sam. Every page made me swoon along with Ana! All the characters in this book felt so real. There is plenty of romance, plenty of laughs, plenty of action, and a few twists. I have no idea where the story will take us in the sequel, but I can't wait!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Incarnate.

01/11/2014 marked as: currently-reading