Leah's Reviews > Some Like it Plaid

Some Like it Plaid by Angela Quarles

F 50x66

bookshelves: romance

I really enjoyed this novel by Angela Quarles. She is a new author for me, but I think I will be reading more of her books. I liked the characters that she developed and the magic aspects of the story had their own unique spin.
Connall, son of Eacharn, is a member and heir to the chiefdom of the Horse People. His tribe lives during the Iron Age in Scotland. Connall’s tribe was recently raided and all of the young women were taken along with the many children so they need some new women to wed. Connall agrees to travel in time and space to find his perfect mate. He doesn’t expect to travel so far and the world he finds is very different from the one he knows.
Ashley Miller is trying to recover from a horrible divorce. Her ex-husband left her with a mountain of debt and thugs waiting to collect it. She is working two jobs just trying to get out of the hole. When she sees an advertisement for a woman to wash dishes, take care of a house and increase a herd, Ashley has no idea what to expect. The man doing the interviewing is quite attractive and time in Scotland sounds like a bonus so she agrees. She is shocked to arrive in Scotland in the mid 100s.
Ashley has to cope with being dropped in a time where she doesn’t feel that she fits. Connall has to deal with all of the difficulties his life encompasses. Together they have to figure out if their romance is real and long lasting or just a passing fancy. If it is the latter, Ashley only has a few short months to make it back home.
I loved watching their relationship develop and change. I can only imagine how difficult life would be in the Iron Age for a modern woman. Ms. Quarles does a great job of helping us feel the challenges from Ashley’s viewpoint.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Like it Plaid.

November 10, 2019 – Started Reading