T. Rosado's Reviews > Some Like it Plaid

Some Like it Plaid by Angela Quarles

bookshelves: 2019, historical, romance, fantasy-sci-fi, arc, netgalley

4.5 Stars

Some Like it Plaid was a highly entertaining time-travel romance. The majority of the story was spent in the past and I was impressed with the author's story-telling when it came to the historical time period that the hero hailed from - 156 AD. Thankfully this story was lighter with some added humor, because the time period had the potential to be dark and scary with its warrior clans, Roman soldiers, druids, and slave raids. Let's not even touch the fact that there wasn't plumbing or hair conditioner.

The few chapters in present day moved a little slower for me, but once they were ensconced in the past, the story kept a steady and compelling pace. I loved the romantic tension between Connall and Ashley. That alone kept the pages turning, but the conflict and hardships that were indicative of the times were also a large draw. The way Ashley felt out of place and infuriated by male dominance rang very true. Although, I must say, there were times I agreed with Connall and thought that she was a bit disrespectful. Connall had his faults, as well, but I accepted them more easily due to the attitudes of the time period. Overall, I enjoyed the swoon-worthy romance and look forward to more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Like it Plaid.

November 8, 2019 – Started Reading