Cindy Bokma's Reviews > The Wife and the Widow

The Wife and the Widow by Christian  White

liked it

The Wife and the Widow by Christian White was a good, solid read, I had a few different ideas about how the book would play out and I really thought I knew what was going to happen.

I was wrong.

Being wrong is what you want when you are reading suspense because you really don’t want to have it all figured out!

The book switches point of view between The Wife and The Widow..hence the title. I liked the way the author told the story this way. I thought maybe the women were married to the same man which we’ve all seen before but can be effective in a suspense story.

I don’t want to give anything away, no spoilers here!

Set against the backdrop of an eerie island town in the dead of winter, The Wife and The Widow is an unsettling thriller told from two perspectives: Kate, a widow whose grief is compounded by what she learns about her dead husband’s secret life; and Abby, an island local whose world is turned upside when she’s forced to confront the evidence of her husband’s guilt. But nothing on this island is quite as it seems, and only when these women come together can they discover the whole story about the men in their lives. Brilliant and beguiling, The Wife and The Widow takes you to a cliff edge and asks the question: how well do we really know the people we love?

I enjoyed the atmospheric writing and the storyline, this is a book you should put on your TBR 2020 list. I have a feeling it’s going to be a very popular book! Coming out on January 21st, 2020.

Pre-Order here now.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wife and the Widow.

Started Reading