Amy 's Reviews > The Story of Us

The Story of Us by Melody Grace

18019707

bookshelves: 2019, 4-stars, review-books

4 Fresh Start Stars!!

“He’d never believed in fate or destiny, but after that night, he couldn’t help feeling like they’d met for a reason. Their story was only just getting started…..”

The Story of Us is the 11th book in the Sweetbriar Cover Series, but can be read and enjoyed as a stand-alone novel. Natalie came to Sweetbriar Cove in the hopes of forgetting her past and starting over. With the little bit of inheritance she has, she opens the candy store of her dreams. She’s determined to go all in with this fresh start. She doesn’t want any drama or complications…..Natalie isn’t the only one seeking a fresh start in Sweetbriar Cove. Luke also has a past he can’t wait to move on from. The last thing he planned on was falling head over heels in love. But, the moment he set his eyes on Natalie, he felt a pull unlike any other. She’s different from the women he’s used to and that makes the pull even sweeter. Natalie tries to resist Luke, but the heat between them is too hot to ignore. Will Natalie take a chance and open her heart up to love again? Or will her past catch up to her and turn her world upside down? There’s only one way to find out…

The Story of Us is a fantastic addition to the Sweetbriar Cove Series. Natalie and Luke were so easy to fall in love with. Both of them had just come out of a relationship and looking for a fresh start. Their chemistry was sizzling and a force to be reckoned with. I loved how even though their attraction was fierce and instant, they took their time getting to know one another. Luke knew that Natalie had been hurt before and was willing to take things as slow as she needed them. I loved watching these two try to figure things out and see Natalie open up about her painful past.

Natalie and Luke’s road to happily ever after wasn’t always an easy one. Natalie understandably had some baggage that she had to deal with. And as with any story, the past always has a way of catching up with us. I loved seeing how strong Natalie had become over the course of her story. She had more strength than she ever thought possible and wasn’t about to let her past ruin her future.

The Story of Us is a wonderful second chance romance. It’s filled with lots of sweetness, steam and friendship. I love how tight knit the community of Sweetbriar Cove is. Once they let you in, you belong forever and the members of the community will make you feel like family and will have your back when you need it the most. The Story of Us hit all the marks for me. It did have a little more drama than some of the other books in this series. That being said, the drama was perfectly laid out and made me love these characters all the more for it.

The Story of Us captured my heart from beginning to end and was a fantastic story to spend my day getting lost in. I fell head over heels for Natalie and Luke and fell even deeper in love with Sweetbriar Cove.

*I was provided an ARC copy of this book, in exchange for an honest review*
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Story of Us.

November 9, 2019 – Shelved