Kristina's Reviews > Acid For The Children

Acid For The Children by Flea

it was ok

This book is yikes city. Flea waxes poetically about all kinds of vibing with the sound, connecting with the Earth etc since he was a kid, but in a very ‘first grader who is enlightened’ vocabulary. Isnt this man sixtyish by now? Some of the book I’ve found to be endearing, but most of it is unfortunately pure gibberish - and I say this as someone who loves him and the RHCP.
He is an inconsistent writer, finishing chapters and stories in weird sudden halts, meanwhile somehow managing to remember every name of every person he has ever met.
Also according to this book and how its written: Flea never met a gay man without explaining it with ‘I met this gay man’. He apparently also never saw/met a person of color who wasnt described as such before even their name was said, or at latest in the next sentence if he was trying to be mysterious (their brown cinnamon eyes/face).
Also the book ends when hes still in his twenties. A miscalculation on my part for sure for thinking Id enjoy this book much more than I did, but also maybe we didnt need every waking second od his life around ages 4-9 explained.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Acid For The Children.

November 9, 2019 – Shelved
November 9, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
November 16, 2019 – Started Reading
November 20, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Mike E Yup. So many things I would have loved to have read about. But detailed drug highs and lows and subsequent apologies could have all been done in the footnotes in case people care.

Andrew And this is why I like the book :)