Ritu Bhathal's Reviews > More Than Just Mum

More Than Just Mum by Rebecca    Smith

What's not to like?

Hannah Thompson is a woman - so am I
She is a wife - yup, same here
A mother - *nods* I've got 2 kids, a fur baby and two feathered ones, she has 3 children and a dog
A teacher - yes, yet another similarity!
An aspiring author - yet another similarity
Has a hubby who is quietly supportive of her dreams but doesn't always get the support quite right - check!
Works part-time - no... alas I am a full-time teacher, wife, mother and wannabe writer!

Oh my God, if this woman had only 2 children, and worked a couple more days a week, this book might just have been my life!

Hannah is feeling the pressure.
She has one child about the fly the nest, off to university, one teen who is keeping her on her toes with the company she keeps and the questions she asks and a young not quite tween, who is inquisitive and has a pet hamster which causes his own grief.

Working three days a week (not by choice), Hannah knows that the money isn't exactly flowing into their bank accounts, and they have a child to send off to uni imminently, and the thought of having to finance two more is, quite frankly terrifying... and her headteacher is not keen to give her a full-time contract.

Until she has the bright idea to write a book on her days off.

Will her head have a change of heart and increase her hours?
Will she finish this book or not?
Will she find a way to publish?

Well, you know I'm not going to tell you. What I will say is that it was a fantastically funny book. I was able to relate to so much of it, and Hannah's life echoes that of many working mothers out there.

Definitely, one I recommend!

Many thanks to NetGalley and One More Chapter for an Arc in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More Than Just Mum.

November 9, 2019 – Started Reading