B.R. Maycock's Reviews > One Week 'Til Christmas

One Week 'Til Christmas by Belinda Missen

Anyone on Twitter will know I regularly promote this author as I've had a few experiences previously with her books and have always fallen in love with the wonder and magic of her romances. Here was beyond no exception, and, actually has catapulted her into my 'authors I must read any new books of' (the title of this list is a work in progress!)

I also (Yes, I am getting to the review) think I need to start a 'best meeting of romantic leads' list (again I think I'd title it differently), as this year has been a bit of a standout for me for the way  our love interests meet, with so many making me sit up with my hand to my heart and made my romantic senses throb with happiness.

And so we begin. An introduction to Isobel and we're wandering through the streets thinking of Christmas, which is approaching and we meet a man who's very obviously not having a great day. I was right there, in the busy, bustling street and got so excited over her fall (horrific of me I know, but her coming to her senses teamed with the obvious attraction was perfection!).

The book moved like this for me as I followed both extremely loveable characters around, actively awwing at their little asides to each other (there's one point early on where they lean in to adress each other and my heart nearly burst!) and wondering how something so meant to be could be put in such jeopardy and also have an expiry date.

The romance was of the one thousand watt on the smile-o-meter kind, the backdrop the Christmas dream, the characters and story both compelling and so well done and actually this book has made me realise I need to do a round up again this year of all the fantastic Christmas books out there. Basically-go get and you're welcome!! Thanks to Rachel at Rachel's Random Resources for the book in return for an honest review.

Rating 5 (hundred bazillion) out of 5.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Week 'Til Christmas.

Finished Reading