Lubnaa (Romance Library)'s Reviews > Coldest Fire

Coldest Fire by Juliette Cross

I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Coldest Fire is one of my most anticipated books of 2019 and OMG I loved it so much!!! Coldest Fire is the final book in the amazing Dominion series — we finally get Uriel and Nadya's love story and HEA!! This book can be read as a standalone, but I highly recommend reading in order. I've been dying for Uriel and Nadya since Darkest Heart and that level of anticipation made Coldest Fire that much sweeter for me.

Uriel and Nadya first saw each other when they were both held in captivity — Uriel was held captive by an evil witch named Lisabette, while Nadya was enslaved by the demon prince Vladek. At one point during their captivity, Nadya created a diversion so Uriel would get some reprieve from his torture. But eventually, Nadya managed to escape with the help of Skaal and Axel. It wasn't until much later that Uriel was rescued by Dommiel and Anya. Now Uriel wants revenge against Vladek and the one person who can help him is Nadya.

You guys, I was dying for Uriel and Nadya to finally meet again. The tension was insane!!! Both Uriel and Nadya have gone through so much torture and abuse. Nadya has isolated herself in a small cottage so she could start healing her scars. Meanwhile, Uriel continued his mission as archangel, but he enclosed himself and became cold as ice. I wasn't sure what Uriel would think of Nadya, but it made sense that he didn't trust or like her at first. After his torture at the hands of Lisabette, it made sense that he would view all witches as the same. But he decides to trust Nadya because Dommiel and Anya both trust her.

Uriel plans on fighting his way to the top so he can finally come face to face with Vladek and Nadya is the one person who can help him enter those fighting pits. As Uriel and Nadya spend time together, Uriel realizes that he was wrong in his judgement of her character. He sees just how compassionate, caring, and empathetic she is towards other people. I love how his icy demeanor slowly melts and Nadya makes her way under his skin and into his heart. Their romance is emotionally intense and steamy to say the least. Uriel and Nadya are both wounded characters who find love and healing in each other's arms. Their HEA is most satisfying and so well deserved.

The plot is also interesting and builds up to an exciting climax filled with action. Juliette Cross's imagination is incredible. She has such a knack for writing action-filled climaxes that are vividly epic. The epilogue wraps up the series neatly, but in my opinion, it also leaves space for future stories, should the author want to continue building this world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coldest Fire.

November 7, 2019 – Started Reading
November 7, 2019 – Shelved
November 7, 2019 – Shelved as: paranormal-romance
November 7, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019
November 7, 2019 – Shelved as: arc
November 7, 2019 – Shelved as: post-apocalyptic-romance
18.0% "So good 😍"
November 8, 2019 –
33.0% "I love this book soooooooooooooooooooooooo much 😭😭😭😍😍😍"
38.0% "*SCREECHING*"
November 8, 2019 – Shelved as: hero-survivor-of-abuse
November 8, 2019 – Shelved as: heroine-survivor-of-abuse
November 8, 2019 –
68.0% "Omg I'm gonna have nightmares"
70.0% "Omg I'm shook 😱"