Nessa's Reviews > The Snow Killer

The Snow Killer by Ross Greenwood

bookshelves: 2019-books-read, the-tbc-book-club

I had three reasons for deciding to read this book, which were:-

1. The author Ross Greenwood is local to me, and I love to support local authors whenever I can.
2. The location or majority of it was based in my home town of Peterborough, Cambridgeshire.
3. The blurb for the book sounded brilliant and enticing, so how could I not want to read it.

So now to the story itself, I found myself pretty much gripped throughout having been drawn in and captivated from the very first chapter.

I liked how the story was told from two character perspectives, that of the Police Detective and that of the Snow Killer. It really adds depth to the story and gives a true real insight into the individual characters.

As I said above, the location of the story is mainly based in Peterborough, so for me that added extra enjoyment to the story, getting to read about places/buildings that I actaully know and/or been too for real.

As for the actual story, it was gritty, gruesome in places and relatively fast paced. As for that twist/relevation, absolutely brilliant, certainly didn't see that one coming.

I'm looking forward to book 2 already and to being reacquainted with characters Barton and Strange as well as the others of course.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Snow Killer.

November 7, 2019 – Started Reading