Millennial Life Crisis Bookshelf - Samantha's Reviews > The Royal Bodyguard

The Royal Bodyguard by Lindsay Emory

Loving the mix of suspense and romance! After Caroline renounces her title and then loses her husband in a tragic way, she goes into hiding – unwilling to go back to her family after they disowned her for her marriage. But when her sister’s fiancé, who was presumed dead, shows up asking for her help, while confused she wants to figure out what is going on. At the same time, her old bodyguard, and previous crush Hugh shows up, and he clues Caroline into what exactly is going on with her sister’s fiancé and the danger she is in. As Caroline and Hugh work together to put together the pieces of the story and the reasoning behind what is going on, while also running for their safety, we see if Hugh can continue to deflect Caroline’s feelings or if she finally breaks down his walls. I was somewhat confused throughout the book, but everything ended up clarifying itself in the end. I really loved Caroline’s character because she was so strong and unwilling to go running back to those who disowned her for wanting to live her own life in the first place. I also really enjoyed the suspense and mystery of trying to figure out what her sister’s fiancé was doing and the reasoning behind it, and the connection between them all had me reeling! Overall it was definitely an enjoyable book!
I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Royal Bodyguard.

November 7, 2019 – Started Reading