Cadiva's Reviews > Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing by Charlie Adhara

I've been waiting for this book for months, ever since Charlie Adhara said she had more Coop and Park to come.

As you can tell by my update and my rating, it absolutely did not disappoint.

Her take on shifters is quite different from the typical ones, with a covert approach to their existence that necessitates secrecy and caution.

She uses that element to her advantage in this investigation, which sees our heroes going undercover to a couple's relationship retreat to investigate a missing wolf.

There'll be no spoilers in my review, I will say, the mystery had me second guessing my way through the book and, while I got one plot thread right, the main 'big bad' dodgy dealing didn't even enter my radar until it was almost the end!

As for Cooper and Oliver. OMG they are on fire with their strange mini-pack dynamics but also with how much Coop is opening up.

Their relationship is tested to the max in this book, but I love how there is never any doubts in their love for each other. I was 'awwwing' all the way through!

They're also just as insanely hot together, burning up the sheets as well as the public showers and an office and never not directly related to the narrative.

Sex isn't thrown in randomly, it always drives off something which is happening in the main investigation which prompts a declaration of love or some horniness 😁

Book five is coming next year!

#ARC kindly received from the publisher Carina Press via NetGalley in return for an honest and unbiased review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wolf in Sheep's Clothing.

November 7, 2019 – Shelved
November 7, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
February 7, 2020 – Started Reading
February 9, 2020 –
37.0% "This is everything I hoped it was going to be after such a bug gap between books.
Copper and Park are just perfection in their uncertainty and need to reassure the itger and the case they're working on is suitably confusing the hell out of me!
I have about a dozen theories atm 🤣"
February 9, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

Beth doesn't write  enough reviews March 2020 is too long to wait!

Cadiva Beth doesn't write wrote: "March 2020 is too long to wait!"

I know! But given there wasn't going to be a fourth book for ages, I'm really happy Charlie's going back to the series!

message 3: by Kat (new)

Kat Valentine Excellent review Cadiva!!😉💞💖👍

Cadiva Cheers Kat!

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ YAY!!! Glad you loved it too. Great review

message 6: by Bev (new)

Bev Fabulous review, hun. I really need to try and get to this series. xo

Cadiva Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ wrote: "YAY!!! Glad you loved it too. Great review"

Thanks hon, I couldn't put it down! Stayed up until gone 2am to finish it :D

Bev wrote: "Fabulous review, hun. I really need to try and get to this series. xo"

Yes, it's a really different take on shifters imho.