Haley Renee The Caffeinated Reader's Reviews > Pursuit: The Balvenie Stories Collection

Pursuit by Alex Preston

bookshelves: earcs

4.5/5 Rounded up to 5.

Thank you to Canongate for sending me this in exchange for my honest opinion.

I love short story collections, especially when you've read a lot of longer novels in a row, short stories are like a breath of fresh air.

This was no exception to being a lovely change of pace.

A really great collection of introspective, thoughtful, and at times, evocative short stories.

There were stories from all sorts of walks of life, a varied range of protagonists and motivations. Each author's voice was unique and strong and I enjoyed every story except for maybe the last one, which I still found intriguing.

My favorite happened to be the first story, I loved the flower clock so much and if you get a chance to read this you'll see what I mean.

The most important part to me was thinking upon each character's motivations, their pursuits, their lack of pursuits, and how seamlessly they all appeared to flow together despite being very clearly the result of different, but all talented, writers.

I highly recommend this to any fan of short stories and to those who like a book to leave you thoughtful. 4.5 cups of coffee from me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pursuit.

November 6, 2019 – Started Reading