Karen's Reviews > Love Lettering

Love Lettering by Kate Clayborn

190448

I really enjoyed my time with this sweet story. The blurb tells you most of the plot of the book. Meg's a letterer and Reid and his wife-to-be are her clients. A year later, Reid finds her and asks about the message she'd hidden in their wedding announcements.

I don't want to give away too much of the plot since there is a bit of a twist towards the end of the book (which I guessed somehow) but this isn't a mystery novel so it's not really about the plot. The characters are fun and each uniquely interesting and the main character was developed enough to make the story enjoyable for me. In many romances, the characters seem to be cardboard versions of themselves, with the author not feeling the need to develop the characters fully in favor of developing the romance/electricity. In this novel, I felt both of the characters were developed enough that they felt real to me. Even the secondary characters like Meg's roommate, the client Lark, and the women at the store were all fun additions to the story without seeming completely one-dimensional.

I love lettering and I love numbers so the extra layers of Meg's job and Reid's job were an added bonus for me. If romance is your genre, I am pretty sure you'll enjoy this one.

thank you to netgalley and Kensington Books for an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.

ps: this book also has the honor of being my 100th netgalley read this year :)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Lettering.

November 5, 2019 – Started Reading