destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]'s Reviews > Don't Read the Comments

Don't Read the Comments by Eric  Smith

DNF @ 20%

This definitely feels like one of those "it's me, not you" sort of things, because I have no doubt this book is going to make a lot of readers very happy! That said, this wasn't working for me at all and I frankly don't have the time or energy to devote to books that are grating on me. I had a gut feeling I shouldn't have requested this, and as soon as the author and book name-dropping started in the first chapter, I thought, "Yep, should've listened to my gut..."

Anyways, I dig the diversity in this story and I enjoy the premise of it, and I know a lot of people will dig it. It just wasn't for me (and before anyone asks, I'm a life-long gamer, so no, I don't think being a gamer will necessarily dictate how readers feel about this story).

Thank you so much to the publisher for providing me with this ARC in exchange for an honest review!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Read the Comments.

November 5, 2019 – Shelved
November 5, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
November 5, 2019 – Shelved as: owned-ebooks
January 14, 2020 –
4.0% "Only 4% in and I’m already seeing what I worried this book would be: name-dropping and book community fan servicing :/"
January 14, 2020 – Shelved as: dnf