Michaelene's Reviews > Some Like it Plaid

Some Like it Plaid by Angela Quarles

bookshelves: highland-romance, netgalley-arc, slow-burn, time-travel-romance

3.5 stars!

This was a fun, lighthearted little novel!

In Angela Quarles' Some Like It Plaid, a highlander needs a wife. The problem? There are no wives to be found in his time. The solution? Travel to modern day San Francisco where he puts an ad on the list of Craig. Lots of humorous situations followed, and I gotta say, I was charmed to my toes.

Connall was so very eager in his pursuit of a wife, and the magic elements as well as the modern day and historical time periods just worked for me. How details melded the barrier between them was pretty genius and well-done. Most of the story takes place in historic Scotland, so it kind of had that Outlander feel. (Though much more lighthearted)

Ashley is the unsuspecting woman who...misunderstands exactly what she's signed up for, but holy highlander, maybe it is the solution she is looking for as well. She has to decide if staying in Scotland is what she needs or going back to her own time. There is a small suspense plot, but for the most part, it's these two navigating different times and each other.

It was funny and cute as hell, and I had a great time reading this book. The extra spice moment at 60%? Ya'll...it's memorable, and I loved it.

Fans of rom-coms will eat this one up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Like it Plaid.

Finished Reading