Bookbesties's Reviews > Someone to Remember

Someone to Remember by Mary Balogh

As you all know I love this series and this family so I was very excited to get my hands on this next book. This short and sweet, Westcott Series novella is our chance to get to know Matilda’s story. While I love that we get to know Matilda and Charles better I feel like this story should have been a full length novel of its own. I feel like by making this a novella the story was rushed and when it ended I was left wanting more. Don’t get me wrong just like the rest of the Westcott Series this book was well written and the characters have the depth I have come to expect from this author. It’s the story that I didn’t get enough of. I would have loved to have learned more about Matilda and Charles’ early romance considering the amount of devastation experienced by them both in its ending. This was a love that caused Matilda to never marry and devote her life to overprotecting her mother while leading Charles’ into living the life of a rogue, and siring a bastard before eventually marrying another. The few references to that time in their story suggest the kind of love that make me love reading romance. I think giving us that story as well as how their story ends would have given this book a true value as part of the series.

I did enjoy this book, I just wish there would have been more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Someone to Remember.

Finished Reading