Lolly K Dandeneau's Reviews > Freaks, Geeks and Asperger Syndrome: A User Guide to Adolescence

Freaks, Geeks and Asperger Syndrome by Luke Jackson

Aug 17, 2008

I had a lot of hesitation about allowing my son to be labeled, for the most part we did it for legal purposes when he was 7 so the school couldn't force him into 'special' classes and it's been a good choice. We ended up having him fully evaluated by a medical team of psychologists, pediatricians, etc and not through the school. My son is now entering the 7th grade in the gifted program, him being a student all those years ago they just wanted to push out because while his IQ was far above average, his behavior stumped them. Books really were our only window into the condition and helped guide us through the struggles our amazing son would encounter. I love reading books about Asperger Syndrome and what better expert than a young boy living with it. This is a wonderful book for other Aspies or for any of you out there that aren't sheep, but an exotic creature. It also wouldn't hurt if some educators would pick this up along with other books about autism spectrum disorders, after all it's on the rise. HIGHLY recommended read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Freaks, Geeks and Asperger Syndrome.

10/31/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by AH (new)

AH Agreed. There's no end to fighting for what's good for your child, especially those in the spectrum. It's worth it.

Michelle Only Wants to Read Thanks for the information. I'm looking for a book I can use with a 14 y/o Aspie, and most of the things I find are more geared toward children. I'm glad it helped your son.