HEChapter -Tina J's Reviews > Mr. Right Now

Mr. Right Now by Annabeth Albert

length: 127 pages
Contemporary Gay Romance / Holiday Novella / Fake Boyfriend / Slow Burn

POV ~> Third person

I opted to read/review this story without seeing the cover first, which is a good thing because the model on the cover just looks so grim and uninviting. The synopsis sounded like a bit of fun and I've enjoyed many titles from this author in the past.

A medically discharged Marine still finding his civilian footing & a retired Hollywood actor with a love of family and food find themselves neighbors. Russ is caught tossing his skillet in the dumpster after unsuccessfully trying to prepare a Thanksgiving meal for his family due to arrive in only a few short hours. With Esteban's help, dinner is saved but an uncorrected assumption places Esteban firmly into the boyfriend seat for the day and as future plans are made, include him, too!
The planned breakup date is set but more family plans are made and neither guy has the heart to break up before the holidays, especially since they enjoy each other's company so much and get along great!
But Russ does not want to come off as too clingy or needy and Esteban does not want to be the rebound relationship. Things move slowly and denial keeps this a slow-burn, slow-build relationship.
Sweet and warm til the heat cannot be contained anymore.
Conflicts are handled well. The ending concludes nicely with a flash-forward epilogue and firmly implied HEA.

Rating: [R] ~ Score: 4.325 ~ Stars: 4
==========================
⭐ ⭐ **** Disclosure of Material: I received a copy of this book from Vibrant Promotions with consent from the author and am voluntarily leaving unbiased and unsolicited feedback. I was not asked, encouraged, or required to leave a review - nor was I compensated in any way. I am posting this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising". ***** ⭐ ⭐

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mr. Right Now.

November 4, 2019 – Started Reading