Heena Rathore P.'s Reviews > Brinda: The Extraordinary Story of An Indian Girl

Brinda by Deepthi Ayyagari

19253213

bookshelves: women-s-fiction, contemporary-fiction, review-requests

Brinda -The Extraordinary Story of An Indian Girl (Femme Fatale) by Deepthi Ayyagari is a beautifully written and well-plotted story about a girl named Brinda who has to go through a lot before emerging as a much stronger variant of herself. This story was both, compelling as well as endearing.

The writing, as I mentioned, was good, the characterisation was on point and the story was paced evenly, overall making it a strong read. This is my 3rd book by the author and so far the best one by her, so I was very glad I read this book.

What I loved most about this book was that it offers something that our society needs desperately these days - women empowerment without the pretention of feminism. I have nothing against feminists and feminism whatsoever, but I do have a problem with pseudo-feminists who, by the masses, corrupt the entire movement altogether. I believe in an egalitarian society so I am always in favour of women empowerment and this book is all about showcasing the strength of women. And that is where it scores the brownie points. All this while keeping in mind that the book didn't feel like it was written with any kind of agenda in mind.

I'd recommend this book to all women's fiction readers and to everyone who enjoys reading contemporary fiction in general. This book would also make a good read for both feminists as well as feminazis ;)

You can also read this review on www.thereadingbud.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brinda.

November 1, 2019 – Started Reading