HBalikov's Reviews > This Book Is Gray

This Book Is Gray by Lindsay Ward

This is a book for children up to about nine about the "lesser known" color, gray, and why it should get its time in the spotlight.

My little kid panelists (2 to 5) found the illustrations charming but the text had to be simplified for their comprehension.

The book is short, and we will try it again in about a year to see if the result is different. Ward wants to pack in some terms that may need to be skipped for younger readers. Still, this is a charming effort to enlighten the subject.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Book Is Gray.

November 4, 2019 – Started Reading
November 4, 2019 – Shelved
November 10, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane Wallace Very good review, H

message 2: by Julie (new)

Julie H,

HBalikov Diane wrote: "Very good review, H"

Always appreciated, Diane!

HBalikov Julie wrote: "H,
Do your "kid panelists" know Larky Mavis? She's just about the best thing that happened to my kids, at those same ages."

Julie wrote: "H,

I don't believe so, Julie.............so maybe they soon will. Thank you!

message 5: by Julie (new)

Julie H,
I think that Larky Mavis and The Quiltmaker's Gift are my favorite picture books for that 4-8 year old crowd. Such gorgeous books with such unique messages in each.
I think it's fun to see you reviewing some kids' books on here, by the way, especially with those particularly cute test subjects weighing in on the material!