Jessie's Reviews > Faceoff

Faceoff by Rebecca Connolly

I wasn't sure what to think going into this series. I loved the Belltown Six Pack series, and I actually had a little knowledge of the rules and positions of baseball. I have a very small knowledge base when it comes to hockey. Luckily, you don't need to know the game to love this book! Our main character, Bree Stone, comes from a baseball family (she's Riker Stone's sister from the Belltown Six Pack). She doesn't know much about hockey either. I learned along side her, and really the focus of the books was on the relationships, not intricate details of the game.

Clint McCarthy and Bree have known each other for years. They're both Six Pack sibs, but they haven't really gotten to know each other before. When Clint starts playing on a new team in St. Louis, he and Bree are in the same city and reconnect. I love these two together. I love the sass and the playful banter, the chemistry, and the "will our brothers ever let us live this down?" This is a book that I have already picked up to reread multiple times. There are just so many cute, swoony, and laugh-out-loud moments.

The characters were well developed, and I found myself trying to match make for the side characters as I read. I can't wait to dive deeper into this series. I wasn't sure that a new group could live up to the Six Pack, but Bree pegged it, "Rivals a fraternity, resembles a family, right? Gotta be a team." These men are funny, they push each other, they punch each other, but they would definitely do anything to help each other too.

Content: clean (making-out, mild hockey violence, no language)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faceoff.

Started Reading