Igor Stojanov's Reviews > Dear Professor Einstein: Albert Einstein's Letters to and from Children

Dear Professor Einstein by Albert Einstein

liked it
Read 2 times. Last read November 2, 2019 to November 4, 2019.

Before the times of the internet and mass media, letters were the best way of communication with those who people admired. This book contains letters from those who were most sincere in their admiration, namely children. These kids had troubles in their mind and wanted their troubles to be resolved by the greatest of Mind.

The book contains a touching display in humanity, from Einstein but also from the children.

Out of all the letters, I liked this one the most. It was sent by a five year old girl:
I saw your picture in the paper. I think you ought to have a haircut, so you can look better.

And I liked this response most of Einstein.
-He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest-a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. The striving to free oneself from this delusion is the one issue of true religion. Not to nourish the delusion but to try to overcome it is the way to reach the attainable measure of peace of mind.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dear Professor Einstein.

Finished Reading