Tasha Mahoney's Reviews > Landon & Shay: Part One

Landon & Shay by Brittainy C. Cherry

bookshelves: arc, contemporary-romance, romance, second-chance, social-butterfly

Landon and Shay are in high school, but the characters in this book could be walking any halls, adult or teen. At times it was hard to remember that I was reading about ones so young.

I became completely invested in the world of these amazingly developed emotionally raw characters. Not just Landon and Shay but the world around them and the absolutely amazingly development of those in this world.

I like how we saw the other person through both, Landon and Shays points of view. It showed just how each others view could be skewed of the others persona.

I am trying really hard to write a spoiler free review, and for that reason, I cannot really discuss the plot in any more depth than I have done. This is no bubblegum, overly sweet, romance, this is a story with many layers and while it is part one of this duet, it is not a cliffhanger.

Brittainy C Cherry really impressed me with the first book of hers that I ever read and she continues to do so. To express characters with such a raw depth shows an amazing talent and understanding of humans. Our pains and strengths. I eagerly await book two.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Landon & Shay.

November 2, 2019 – Started Reading
November 3, 2019 – Finished Reading
November 4, 2019 – Shelved
November 6, 2019 – Shelved as: arc
November 6, 2019 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
November 6, 2019 – Shelved as: romance
November 6, 2019 – Shelved as: second-chance
November 6, 2019 – Shelved as: social-butterfly

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Katiria (new)

Katiria Great review Tasha. :)