Haley's Reviews > Prison Nation

Mar 30, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: ebooks-read

More accurately, I'd give this book a 3.5
I'm trying to decide if I should buy a paperback copy instead of simply owning the ebook.

Prison Nation was yet another cleverly done Dystopian book, which I thoroughly enjoyed!

Millie has spent her entire life, born and raised, in Spokane, one of the four prisons in what is now the walled in country of the United States. Since her parents, not she, are the ones who committed the crime which resulted in her life in prison, at the age of 18 she is finally given the opportunity to leave.

I loved the setting of this book, and the idea, and Merritt does a wonderful job setting the story up. The beginning is brilliant— she really gives you a feel for Millie's life. That being said, the rest of the book felt a little rushed. When she finally does earn her life outside the prison walls, everything happens just a little too fast for my taste, and the ending comes too quickly and too easily.

However, that does not change the fact that I liked the book, quite a bit more than expected. I'm eagerly awaiting a sequel and definitely recommend it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prison Nation.

March 30, 2012 – Shelved
April 15, 2012 –
page 46
15.23% "So far, so good. The author has just been building up the setting, but it's promising. I'm waiting for something exciting to happen now... Anytime."
Started Reading
page 62
20.53% "Didn't have to wait long! Just got quite interesting"
page 101