Jan Goodard's Reviews > Some Like it Plaid

Some Like it Plaid by Angela Quarles

F 50x66

Read 2 times. Last read October 31, 2019 to November 3, 2019.

A good time travel tale is worth the time it takes to read it. I have read several of Angels Quarles time travel books and have greatly enjoyed them. Some Like it Plaid is not your run of the mill time travel offering. Druid magic is used to explain the transition between centuries. Unlike most of similar stories, Druid magic converts their stuff into the stuff of the current century, very ingenious. No having to hide or explain a modern piece in ancient times. The story itself is full of great characters, a bit of intrigue, danger, and a generous helping of humor, starting with the hero, Connell using Craigslist to find a wife. He thinks he is successful when Ashley answers his ad or is he? Ashley, a very modern woman who has trouble adjusting to the hardships and subservient position of women in the second century, in spite of her great attraction to Connall. All in all the book was a good read. My only criticism is the liberal use of profanity. At the risk of sounding prudish, I don't use such language and I certainly do not want to read it. I do not feel it adds to the story, in fact for me, it detracts from it. I have a feeling since Connall 's brother is getting ready to find his own site using Druid magic, this is the first in a new series. I received this eBook from NetGalley for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Like it Plaid.

Finished Reading