Nasty Lady MJ's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

I won't be reading this for the following reasons:

1) I already read part of it on fanfiction.net and since it hasn't changed much from what I hear I'm not even going to bother.

2) It's glorified fan fiction based on Twilight no less

3) The infamous tampon scene

4) Publishers are now profiting off of plagiarism and that's just ethically offensive

5) The author did not do proper research and editing according to many reputable sources

6) The author is trying to get a trademark for Fifty Shades of Grey now...that's okay I'll still be able to hold a Fifty Shades of Silver party just like I can still drink Dr. B (a generic brand of Dr. Pepper) . Oh, wait...why would I even want to have one of these these parties.... um, so I don't need to worry about that.

March 30, 2012 – Shelved
March 30, 2012 – Shelved as: copyright-theft-through-loop-hole
March 30, 2012 – Shelved as: research-wikipedia
March 30, 2012 – Shelved as: twi-moms-will-love
March 30, 2012 – Shelved as: unsanitary-grossnesss
September 22, 2013 – Shelved as: seen-it

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Aliki ok then,δεν θα σε βαλουμε και τιμωρια

Biondatina Τελικά έχουν δίκιο που λένε εκτός από το button like έπρεπε να υπάρχει και αντίστοιχο dislike...

Aliki ο ναιιιι

message 4: by Jim (new) - added it

Jim Very well said, YAL. The trademark quest is too pathetic for words, but you did a great job of lampooning it.:)

Nasty Lady MJ Thanks, Jim. I'm actually taking patent law right now and we briefly discussed trademarks. The fact that she's going for one is so absurd and I sort of doubt she'll get one. But stranger things have happened.

message 6: by Jim (new) - added it

Jim Thanks, YAL. And yes, indeed they have.

I am hoping to get back in the swing here on GR soon - I've been working through a difficult quasi-legal/work situation of my own for the last several months. Nothing to do with GR, but very stressful and a huge distraction from more pleasant pursuits.

Very glad I was able to touch base with you - I miss our chats, and hope to be here more in the near future. I hope all is well with you and your work!

Cheers,