Michelle Lunsford's Reviews > A Pursuit of Home

A Pursuit of Home by Kristi Ann Hunter

45521969

If you follow Kristi Ann Hunter's writing, then you are likely a fan of the character of Jess. If you're a fan of Jess, then you've likely been longing for the revelation of HER story. We finally receive this story in A Pursuit of Home, and what a treat it is! Everything about this story is simply perfect for who Jess is as a person (albeit a fictional one). This is not to say that we don't see character development in the narrative - we definitely do - but everything from the adventure to the conflict to the romance is 100 percent perfect for Jess.

There were moments in this story I was on the edge of my seat. There were moments I marveled at Jess's abilities - as well as Derek's own knack for keeping up with her and, in his own way, challenging her. There were moments I was so moved that genuine tears resulted. There were moments that were laugh out loud amusing. I enjoy KAH's writing style in general, but she definitely shines in this work. I could feel the author's own love and appreciation for the character on every page.

Hunter includes faith as a natural part of the story too. It never comes across preachy or stilted.

I love a good romance. I especially love a good swoony romance, complete with a perfectly swoony make-your-insides-feel-like-warm-chocolate kiss. The fact that this story does not include such a kiss and yet still managed to make my insides feel like warm melted chocolate is a testament to how well this tale is written. Trust me, there's as much romantic satisfaction in the hand-holding we witness between Jess and Derek as I've experienced in any of my favorite swoony-with-kissing romance.

KAH books are among my favorite re-reads, but this one will be noted as among my favorite KAH stories.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Pursuit of Home.

November 3, 2019 – Shelved