Emily McCollin's Reviews > The Wife Before Me

The Wife Before Me by Laura Elliot

The Wife Before Me is such a good story! Love twists and turns? This one is for you.

I'm a huge fan of the female heroine (or two or three of them) in a story and this book delivers. From the very beginning, the reader knows everything is not as it seems (duh, read the back of the back cover!), and I found myself constantly guessing at who was who and WHY. I really admired the way Ms. Elliott grew the cast of characters and how they each played a major role throughout the story.

Warning: The main male figure in this book hits women and I really hate the ugly reality of a physically abusive relationship. I'm thankful this author does not sugar coat this awful side of humanity. This book also covers a lot of adult themes, so if you're a young reader, maybe check with mom and dad before starting this story.

To sum up my experience with "The Wife Before Me," I can't seem to stay up past 930pm very often these days, but this book kept me up until 130am trying to finish it (well, I admit to a nap somewhere around 830pm!) and the ending was well worth it. I look forward to reading another story by Laura Elliot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wife Before Me.

November 3, 2019 – Started Reading