AdultFiction Teton County Library's Reviews > Copper Beach

did not like it
bookshelves: chick-lit

TCL Call#: FICTION Krentz J

Madeleine - 1 star
Ugh! This was just so bad. And I like me some romantic fiction and some Amanda Quick (one of the alternate pen name of this author). Maybe this pen name is for her fiction writing - less romance - but I'm thinking she's not so good at that. All the dialogue was stale and expected and normally she has her characters in fun quirky conversations. Not to mention the redundancy of all the "para" talk. And auras, and psi, and dreamscapes. Felt like I fell into a hippie store on Haight with no way out. That's odd, too, as I'm pretty sure I read another book under the Quick name set in Regency time where the lead female as all into alternative realities and her male lover was most definitely not but I felt the author handled that so much better. I recall there being witty dialogue between the believing female and the skeptic male and that drove the story - it never demanded that you believe the "para" stuff unlike this one that basically sits down in a pile of it and wallows. Nothing drives this story but tedium.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Copper Beach.