Stephanie's Reviews > Not-Quite-Supermodel

Not-Quite-Supermodel by Kathy Tong

F 50x66

I received a complimentary copy of this book from For Voracious Readers Only in exchange for an honest review.

Not-Quite-Supermodel is perfect beach-reading chick lit. I was engaged with the story from the beginning, when I met Alex working at the Safeway and dreaming of bigger things. She was a realistic character in the following ways:
-Her Awkwardness. Alex is never glamorous and there are various parts of the book that highlight this in comical ways.
-Her Realness. Alex was like the girl next door. She was naive, like I would expect a new model to be, especially one who did not grow up in that world.
-Her Encounters. There are snarky girls and helpful girls sprinkled throughout the book. Alex doubts herself with her new relationships, just like anyone would do.

So, why four stars instead of five. After a while the plumbaphobia started to irritate me. I got it; Alex hates using the facilities anywhere except her own house. I felt that this was a major part of the novel that detracted from my enjoyment of it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not-Quite-Supermodel.

November 3, 2019 – Started Reading