Karen's Reviews > Big Dreams, Daily Joys: Get Things Done, Make Space for What Matters, Achieve Your Dreams

Big Dreams, Daily Joys by Elise Blaha  Cripe

190448

I'm a huge goal-setter and have at times followed Elise on different online platforms. I was excited to read her book on goal setting/getting things done and it did not disappoint. I liked how clear she was with some of the concepts:

"There are three reasons why you don't get your to-do list items accomplished: lack of time, lack of communication, or lack of interest."

Yep and it's helpful to know which is in which state so I can be clear so that I know what I need to do to move them to a different state.

Even though she quotes the idea from someone else, I loved the idea of looking at my life as an inbox and seeing what's noise and what's spam and what I actually signed up for. Lately I've been obsessed with the signal to noise ratio in several areas of my work, no reason I can't think the same way about my life as a whole.

"The fact that you made something you didn't love today doesn't matter when you have to make something again tomorrow. This is the power of daily creative projects. You can't dwell because you have to keep going."

Yes! This is exactly why I love working on daily projects. It takes my ruminating self out of the equation. I can't spend too much time overthinking it. I do it today, I move on because I have to do it again tomorrow. This is how I treat my daily drawing for insta: some days I love it and other days it's a disaster, either way I move on.

I also loved the five-year plan. I've never made one and five years still seems too much to me at this stage of my life, but three doesn't seem undoable and I think it would still be hugely valuable so I am planning on taking some time with it.

All in all, if you're a planner and doer and like having projects, I recommend this pretty and inspiring book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Big Dreams, Daily Joys.

November 2, 2019 – Started Reading