Sarah's Reviews > 33 Days to Morning Glory

33 Days to Morning Glory by Michael Gaitley

bookshelves: prayer, catholic-non-fiction

This book is a beautiful approach to Consecration to Jesus through Mary. It is a self-guided retreat, in a sense, where you truly "ponder in your heart" Mary's role in Salvation History and her role NOW in bringing us closer to Her Son, Jesus. It takes St. Louis de Montford's method and expands upon it with the devotions of other Marian saints: St. Maximillian Kolbe, Blessed Mother Teresa and Blessed Pope John Paul II.

Throughout the reading of this book, I felt like I not only grew in my understanding of Our Blessed Mother but also in my own relationship with her. I also came to know some incredible saints, and although they are well-known, I definitely got to know them better through these readings.

If you have considered Marian consecration, this is a gentle book that is totally doable in the midst of a busy schedule. You will be so excited to read the next day's readings, and you will relish in your quiet time of thought-provoking ponderings! If you already are consecrated to Mary, this might be a nice supplement to deepen your devotion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 33 Days to Morning Glory.

March 30, 2012 – Shelved