Laura Thomas's Reviews > From Wild to Mild: A Dog in Two Worlds

From Wild to Mild by Sunny Weber

Kaya is just a pup, too young to be afraid of the creature that approaches her, and the coyote snatches her up, proud of an easy meal to take home to his hungry family. Things don’t go so well when his litter mate refuses to eat her and instead takes her in. That saying, you can’t teach an old dog new tricks, also applies to Kaya the pup. She has dogs instincts and can’t seem to find her way in the wild life of her coyote family, no matter how hard she tries. Things become even more complicated when Kaya is returned to the world of humans and has to learn a whole new way of living.

I became so wrapped up in Kaya’s story that I often forgot the character’s involved were animals. I could easily relate to her confusion, fears and determination as she tries to find out where she belongs.

From Wild To Wild was an emotional and uplifting read. As with the first two books, I was teary eyed many times. I also felt proud of Kaya. She wasn’t a quitter and kept trying until she finally found her place. And, as with the other books, I’m happy to be able to recommend this to readers of all ages.

I received a complimentary copy. My review is voluntarily given.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From Wild to Mild.

November 2, 2019 – Shelved