Monica Mac's Reviews > Her Last Whisper

Her Last Whisper by Jennifer Chase

I was a little late to the party, reading this book. I nearly missed it altogether but I am glad that I didn't! This is the second book in the series but can easily be read as a standalone (although now I want to read the first one).

Katie Scott is a newly minted Detective who is excited to be working in the cold case department. It is nice and quiet, which suits her, and she can spend the time she needs just percolating the information in the case files through her active brain. She has some lovely colleagues in various departments at the station, who help her, and of course her dog, Cisco, is never far away. I loved her dog so much! I also liked the relationship she had with McGaven, and also Nick, her buddy from her Army days. All in all, Katie is quite a force to be reckoned with.

There were certainly lots of different threads to weave in this book but it worked out very well indeed. I was tossing up who the murderer could be but I genuinely didn't know until the author revealed it! This story had me on the edge of my seat more than once. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.

5 stars from me.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Last Whisper.

November 2, 2019 – Started Reading