~ Becs ~'s Reviews > Knight

Knight by Kristen Ashley

I really, really loved this and it is another very beautiful and captivating KA love story with a real badass alpha hero. But first, a caveat. This book is darker sexually than anything Kristen Ashley has published before. I wonder how long her creative fingers twitched at her keyboard yearning to write this but wondering what her fans would think. I loved it but it may not be for everyone. It is BDSM lite – there’s no playrooms, toys or plugs but there is control, restraint and punishment – it is a dom/sub Daddy/baby relationship and it may not be everyone’s cup of tea. But, if it is, you really are in for a treat.

I just couldn’t put this down, it was so compelling. Knight is so captivating – he’s protective, possessive, controlling, honest and a total drooltastic swoonworthy stud muffin. There’s no pretences – he calls it as it is, tells Anya what he wants, how he wants it and when he wants it. Anya is his perfect other half – she’s stunning but doesn’t really know it, totally without guile and struggles with his control but eventually submits to him and it’s beautiful.

They’re like a broken heart necklace – two halves that complete each other. Knights knows this the first time he meets her but thinks he is just too badass for her and tries to talk away but circumstances put her back in his world and he can’t resist and he totally and utterly claims her. I think I melted for the first time when he picked her up and carried her over a pile of coats the very first time he met her.

So, if you can handle the racier sexual side of this story, Knight is another Premier League badass KA alpha hero right up there with Tate Jackson, Joe Callaghan and Hawk Delgado – my personal favourite triumvirate! (Cue naughty giggle as my thoughts wander there!!)

5 stars erotic contemporary romance.

Thudtastic - Photobucket

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knight.

March 30, 2012 – Shelved
April 8, 2012 – Started Reading
April 8, 2012 –
page 1
0.35% "This is so funny - it's popping up all over my update feed here!! What a great birthday present to us from KA. I'm going in........"
April 9, 2012 – Shelved as: alpha-hero
April 9, 2012 – Shelved as: super-rich-hero
April 9, 2012 – Finished Reading
June 3, 2012 – Shelved as: sugarkink
August 16, 2012 – Shelved as: smuttastic

Baba  Thudtastic review, Becs! LOL Loved it!!!

~ Becs ~ Aw thanks Baba - I am just a puddle after reading it!

Baba  Becs wrote: "Aw thanks Baba - I am just a puddle after reading it!"

Yeah, you have all the reasons in the world to feel like that. LOL

Nikki Fantastic review, Becs. Very well thought out. Nice to meet you!

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog Great reveiw Bec.
When we were ARC reading this, we had to wait a day for the last chapter and epilogue and we all wondered how KA was going to wrap everything up.
Well, that epilogue certainly did it! It was amazing.
It left us all in a puddle too Bec.
Can't wait for the next book. It's gonna be amazing!
Stay tuned lol

Leslie Great review, Becs!! :)

~ Becs ~ Thanks Nikki, Jenny and Leslie. I have to confess I read with trepidation wondering where KA was going to take us with it being a new direction for her but, happily, it ended really well with a real sweet epilogue.

Can't wait for Creed - I assume that's what you're hinting at Jenny! That's going to be another sleepless night.

Kristen Great review, Becs!

Gitte TotallyBookedBlog Fab review!!!!

~ Becs ~ Thanks Kristen and Gitte

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Happiness is a new Kristen Ashley novel being released unexpectedly on Easter Sunday.

Amen! A gift from the Ashley Bunny! Great review!

I wish we had met Creed in this book so I'd know we will get to revisit Knight. Anyone know anything about Creed?

~ Becs ~ I think Jenny who commented above may have the inside track on that one Dhes!

KatLynne Very nice review Becs!

~ Becs ~ Thanks KatLynne x

Laura Carson Love the review. Picking it up now...

message 16: by Didi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Didi Love your choices and reviews Becs, always on the mark. Reading Knight now and absolutely adore it!

message 17: by Lady (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lady Agreed with your reviews. Reading it now & totally loving it.