Elaine Tomasso's Reviews > A Minute to Midnight

A Minute to Midnight by David Baldacci

F 50x66

Read 2 times. Last read November 1, 2019 to November 2, 2019.

I would like to thank Netgalley and Pan Macmillan for an advance copy of A Minute to Midnight, the second novel to feature FBI Agent Atlee Pine.

When Atlee was 6 an intruder almost killed her and abducted her twin sister, Mercy. This has haunted her since then and she has anger issues. In a last ditch attempt to discover the truth she returns to the scene, Andersonville, Georgia, to try and get some answers and she’s not alone as there appears to be a killer on the loose.

I thoroughly enjoyed A Minute to Midnight which is a high octane thriller with a kickass heroine. The plot is quite convoluted with both investigations running in tandem and occasionally overlapping but it is easy to follow and offers up a stream of thrills, spills and twists. I found myself gripped, desperate to know what was coming next although I had, of course, to suspend my disbelief on a regular basis but it’s such a rollicking good read it hardly seems to matter. It should be noted that while this is a stand alone novel Atlee’s family situation is an ongoing thread in the series and will continue into at least the next book in the series. I’m champing at the bit already to see how Mr Baldacci uses the reveals in this novel to further Atlee’s story.

Atlee Pine is the ultimate female protagonist. Tall, beautiful and very fit she is a dedicated, smart investigator, unafraid to mix it up and get tore in about the bad guys. She is also prickly, untrusting and suspicious. I love her.

A Minute to Midnight is a good read which I have no hesitation in recommending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Minute to Midnight.

Finished Reading
November 1, 2019 – Started Reading
November 1, 2019 – Shelved
November 2, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Matt Another great review, Elaine!

Elaine Tomasso thanks Matt. It's an easy read