Movies, Shows,'s Reviews > The Apocalypse Five

The Apocalypse Five by Stacey Rourke

Note: This review contains NO spoilers

Well, hmmm.... The book started with a prologue-esque feel with an action-filled scenario with the Apocalypse 5, or as they were referred to as A5, team members of before and present. Yup! "Right off the bat" the author dives readers into an action drama that would get the heart racing. This is a genre that I haven't read from Stacey Rourke before, and I just so happened to have enjoyed this read. 😄 She has not disappointed in creating yet another intriguing and emotional story.

Even at a young age, these cast of characters are thrust into a situation in which they must learn to survive. With the diverse personalities of the A5 team, they each had to learn how to understand and to cope with the adversity of their situation, be it on a mission or in front of an audience. Of course, this is very reminiscent of Hunger Games, even Ender's Game. It is definitely the feel I got reading Apocalypse Five. From beginning to end, these young adults were faced with insurmountable odds with each scenario. But what happens when what you thought was the truth wasn't?!? Well, that is what this A5 team unraveled. The fight to survive got even more fascinating.

With elements of science fiction and dystopia, Stacey Rourke created an enthralling story with some action, suspense, and a little bit of romance interwoven throughout. Apocalypse Five is an exciting new twist on familiar science fiction and dystopian franchises. I look forward to the next installment.

Reviewer: Jasmine

Disclaimer: We received a free copy for an honest review. All is my own opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Apocalypse Five.

October 25, 2019 – Started Reading